Overdraft Protection Program
What is an overdraft and how can Overdraft Protection make my life easier?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We offer an Overdraft Protection program to cover all of your overdrafts:
- Overdraft Protection: provides overdraft coverage of debit card and ATM transactions in addition to check and ACH transactions.
What is my Overdraft Protection limit and what fee will I be charged if AMERICAN SOUTHWEST CREDIT UNION pays my overdraft?
Your Overdraft Protection program limit is $400 for Classic Checking accounts and $700 for Prestige Checking accounts.
- If you take advantage of our Overdraft Protection program, we will pay overdrafts at our discretion* up to and not exceeding your program limit;
- A $25 overdraft fee will be assessed each time you take advantage of this service;
- There is no limit to the number of items that can clear and related fees that can be assessed on a daily basis.
*Limit is based on account eligibility. Contact a Member Service Representative for details on all checking accounts.
What do I need to do, if I want to take advantage of the Overdraft Protection program and have AMERICAN SOUTHWEST CREDIT UNION authorize and pay overdrafts?
You can enroll by doing one of the following:
- Enroll online through Anytime Online Home Banking. Click on the “Overdraft Protection” tab.
- Visit any branch during regular hours of operation
If you have questions or would like more information:
- Call us at (520) 459-1860 or (800) 752-6394 and speak with one of our Member Service Representatives.
Opt-in to Overdraft Protection today!
It's fast and easy to obtain the overdraft protection you need to save you from potential embarrassment or in case of emergencies. Log in to Anytime Online Home Banking to sign up now!
Overdraft Protection coverage will occur only after savings transfer and/or checking line-of-credit is used (if already established on the account.) We will pay overdrafts at our discretion up to and not exceeding your Overdraft Protection limit. We retain the right to decline overdraft transactions. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction may be declined and a returned item fee will be assessed, if applicable.